Did this customer overreact to this incident?

Today at work I saw a customer walk in the store without wearing a mask, I politely asked her if she would like to wear a mask, the customer refused, I just politely thanked the customer for coming to our store and walked away.

Unfortunately another customer witnessed it and told me she's never coming back to our store again, she thought I was forcing this customer to wear a mask which made her upset, I explained to her that I was only offering the mask to this customer, she told me she didn't care and felt I had no right to explain the mask situation to this customer

I later apologized to the maskless customer that me asking her if she wanted a mask made another customer upset and she told me that it's alright and that I didn't mean any harm by it, another customer who witnessed me apologizing to the maskless customer told me she was the one who was out of line for not wearing a mask and that masks are meant to keep the customers safe.

I mean, all stories have two sides to them. If you believe in "my body my choice", then how can you support abortion - which kills a human life - but not allow people to choose whether or not they want to protect their own health - and say they're killing people?

Also, some people have medical conditions. There's asthma, sensitive skin, etc. And, nobody is allowed to ask someone about their medical history.

I personally don't think you did anything wrong. You just offered a mask. If you really did offer it kindly, and not "pushy", then yes I do think that the customer overreacted.

~ Ethan Mackey @ https://www.ethanspdblueprint.com/

she mightve overreacted

• Med 10

I think a regular worker shouldn't say anything. If anyone should say something , it should be the manager.  Then if he / she doesn't say anything to the customer so be it.