Anonymous asked in PetsFish · 4 weeks ago

I have a 'wool' filter in my aquarium?

I live in a rural area so my shopping options are limited. I've always used 'hard sheets' in the filter, but now can only get this wool filter version. I hate it as I've found bits of the wool break off and these 'bits' bother me as I can imagine my poor fish might swallow them and choke on them. I live on my own and they give me a lot of comfort and I adore them, so would appreciate some help how to tackle this - or am I worrying needlessly?

I wet the wool before putting it in, but I've noticed there are still bits that break away.

I was going to house clean - but after reading other questions, I'm going to clean my little buddies first!!

To the person who put on the link re filters - THANK YOU!! I don't know why - but you're not down here as a 'reply' - otherwise I'd give you best answer - even some jelly beans!! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!

kswck - did you miss the part where I wrote I live in a rural area with limited shopping?  'Wool filters' is all that's available to buy! I wrote my question because I'm not happy about the wool and needed some help - just like the CONSTRUCTIVE help the anon poster gave (that hasn't registered) Why would a poster answer my question with another question like you did ?????

• reme_1

Do your gish wear sweaters?

• kswck2

Why? It would allow pieces of it to recycle into the tank.