Lesa asked in Science & MathematicsMedicine · 4 weeks ago

Headache that won't be cured? ?

I've had a headache for about 5 consecutive days now with little to no ease.  I've taken acetaminophen,  I've taken nsaids,  I've taken ginger supplements and nothing.  I finally went to the ER because I couldn't take it anymore and they said it sounded like a tension headache and gave me a muscle relaxer and pain pill and that was that.  The headache did go away but now I feel great pressure towards the back of my head and my neck feels stressed.  I have to lay down when I feel overwhelmed.  I'm really scared something serious could have been happening like an anuerism or blod clot or something serious.  My blood pressure has been fine throughout the whole ordeal.  I don't drink nor smoke and I have two kids who can be a handful at times but that's what small kids are like.  My job is not that stressing because I work and come home and still have energy to do other things except lately.  I also don't have much of an appetite lately.  I only have been taking Ginger root supplements for my digestion.  Been on them a month. I've also have the Nexplanon implant in my arm for birth control. Had it 2 years.  Any clue of why i feel this way?  Should I be worried?  

• Mike

Headaches are often badly diagnosed at hospitals.  Do some research in your town for a headache clinic or someone that specializes in headaches and/or migraines.  It might be due to muscle tension, but there could be something physical causing it.

Giving you a muscle relaxant and pain killer is sadly common but bad medicine.