Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 4 weeks ago

I called someone a coward... rude or justified?

A relative of mine lives in the desert with his family. I was visiting last night when I spotted a 4ft rattlesnake right by the door (would've got bit I had taken 1 more step) so I yelled at him to come help me catch it before it bites his dogs, kids or me. Well he yells back that he can't cause he's scared of snakes and refused to come outside!

So I risked my life and killed it myself. I then called him a coward and he just shrugged his shoulders and said he has a snake phobia and can't do anything about it. So why you live in a desert full of snakes???? I have no idea.

So do you think he's a coward or was I rude?

• Lv 6
    4 days ago

Even as a gun-owner, I'm amazed that no one seems to mention anything but the Second Amendment. I often wonder that if not for the Second Amendment, how many people would even know that a Constitution even existed. 

Yes, it was rude and inappropriate.  Some people are afraid of spiders.  Where to you propose they live to avoid spiders?  Antarctica?

if you called it infront of a mirror, can be justified, in otherwords, better have a re-think, a sorry can heal almost all such wounds

• Liz

You were rude. People do have phobias. One of my male friends is terrified of spiders. If you have to call someone a coward, do it playfully. Your relative is fully aware of how he feels toward snakes....although being so and living in the desert where they seem to proliferate one might question his sanity. :) Unless, he's trying to cure himself!

Actually, you were brave to kill the snake. 

i think he was a coward, he couldve helped you out

• Isabel

You were rude and judgy, thh.

You were rude. And you killed a living creature for no reason.

Had you (and he) left the rattler alone, it would have moved on. The thing to do would be to bring dogs and kids inside for a few hours.

Source(s): 35 years in the Sonoran Desert