Anonymous

Is this age gap too big ?

I’m 26 he’s 21. We’ve been friends for a couple years. He’s always sweet to me & I love it. He’s tall, cute with a beard, muscular. I’m just scared of the gap but he’s super forward all the time. I love it

Hi,

No - the age gap is not too big at all! I have people in my family with much bigger gaps (over 10 years).

And to be honest, age doesn't matter at all. It's just a number. As long as you love him, he loves you and he makes you happy, then who cares about age. Be happy and enjoy your relationship! Don't be scared of the gap at all, it means nothing.

Good luck for the rest of your relationship! :)

Nope. More than 10 years can be a problem though if not on the same maturity levels.

Its fine, if you are both good together it will not matter.

• Jesere

Does age matter?

The success of a relationship depends on the extent to which partners share similar values, beliefs and goals about their relationship; support each other in achieving personal goals; foster relationship commitment, trust and intimacy; and resolve problems in constructive ways. These factors have little do with age.

So the reality is, while an age gap may bring about some challenges for couples, so long as couples work at their relationship, age should be no barrier