Why does this happen to me?

Whenever I clean my home with bleach, I start feeling lightheaded and dizzy afterwards. 

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago
    Favourite answer

    Inhaling chlorine bleach by itself is harmful and dangerous if done over an extended period . . . . . if it combines with other cleaning agents - such as ammonia - it produces deadly chlorine gas  (used in gas warfare in WWI) . . . . I am sure there are health warnings on the containers - suggest you read them or research online.

  • 1 month ago

    You could have an allergic reaction to the bleach. What I would recommend is getting different cleaners that are more mild and won't bother you. For example, I used to use chlorox clean-up for my counters, but I kept getting bothered by the bleach, so now I use either Mrs. Mayers cleaner or lysoll clean-up. 

  • 1 month ago

    Bleach releases microscopic aerosols of volatile organic compounds that you can inhale. Chlorine is a strong chemical and so it is not hard to believe that a corrosive substance will irritate the human body. Crack a window and allow more ventilation in the house and drink plenty of water. You’ll be fine

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.