Fredy asked in HealthOther - Health · 1 month ago

I feel I’m becoming less cautious about COVID?

So I take Covid seriously, since March to August I remained isolated mostly only going to work. I was getting tested every 14 days and even tho I quit that job last month I’m still  getting tested. Especially since I’ve started going out of towns with friends. Last week I went to Reno we agreed to go to places that have few people and we social distance and then remained in our hotels. Next month for Halloween we are planning a trip to San Diego and renting a beach house. I really want to go since I’ve never been. I’m trying to convince them to just stay at the beach house and not go to the city but idk. Another worry is if the second wave does happen and if it will occur quickly. 

Im generally a health 28 year old guy and tbh I think I got Covid in the beginning of the year and since then my body hasn’t been the same. Got blood work done and came out fine. Still waiting on the anti body test results. 

I do worry for my parents since they are high risk. 

Anyways am I just paranoid or should I really be reinforcing my social distancing? 

• Audrey

Very few people are anymore. Spend a day at a shopping mall. No masks, no distancing. Just lovely freedom.

Well that seems to be a problem everywhere when I look around a lot of people stopped wearing masks saying it's difficult to breathe. People want to feel normal they are really fed up. 

• Aiden

I think you're paranoid.

I mean I'm 23 and all I do is wear a mask when entering a shop (I don't wear it any other time), wash my hands before and after doing anything and socially distance myself from people except for the people I need to be around (like at work for example). I also clean surfaces a lot more.

I've never been tested, I'm definitely not quitting my job, I go to the pub every weekend with my mates and I still go to crowded places and chat to new people, I still plan trips and I still do things.

I'm a healthy 23 year old though I have loads of unhealthy habit. I only know one person that has had COVID, I have not had it yet, I do have a cough but that's been there for years since I started smoking. No other symptoms. Not been tested.

I wouldn't worry about it as much as you are. All you have to do is follow the guidelines and be conscious of your surroundings.