I have received an email saying I need to upgrade ?

• mom

sounds like a scam and I do not see a question

• Sharon

That is a phishing scam. Ignore and delete it. This is how to identify legitimate Yahoo websites, requests, and communications: https://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN2091.html

The answer is yes. Scam messages that request you to "upgrade" your email account must be ignored and deleted immediately. Never click give them your personal information to the scammers of you can risk your account to be hacked. Remember Yahoo would never send you unsolicited emails asking for your personal information.

If you look at the header details, you will see it is not from Yahoo, but a scammer.

From Yahoo?  No it's not.  Read the actual email address of the source.  That's not a real Yahoo address.  Scam/spam.  I get them about once every other month.  Spam them an move on.