Jenny asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 1 month ago

What's causing grey hair on my daughter's head?

My daughter is almost 16 now, ever since she was about 7 we started noticing strands of white/grey hair mixed in with my daughter's extremely thick, dark brown hair.  Her Dr. has never seemed concerned even after repeated inquiries, and has never really offered a cause either.  Any ideas???

Some people start getting white hair in their teens. A few are born with white hair. For whatever reason, trauma, stress, genetics the hair root stops producing color pigments and that hair will be white. It's usually genetics. Hair genes usually come from the mother's side of the family and certain traits will skip a generation or two. Perhaps an aunt or cousin or grandmother of yours started getting white hair at a young age.

The doctor isn't concerned because it's not a health related problem. It's nothing to worry about. What's not healthy for you is to obsess over her hair and examine it so closely. Leave it alone and accept that it's just part of what makes your daughter a unique individual. And if can learn to accept and celebrate her uniqueness then she will be able to appreciate and accept her uniqueness. That's a much healthier message for both you and your daughter.

Does she have any trauma... even trauma you don't know about?