Do I need Ivy League education in order to get a job in NYC?

Of course not.  As an Ivy League graduate myself, I am always gracious enough to allow lesser beings to carry out my garbage or mow my lawn.  Some even can flip hamburgers.

Of course not. More than 8 million people live in NYC. Most of them have jobs. 

Not that many people go to Ivy League universities. 

I went to an Ivy for undergrad, and I don't work in NYC. My sister does, or rather did, and she went to a state university. 

No, you don't need an Ivy Legaue education.

There are plenty of menial jobs that do not require an Ivy League education.

Gawd no.  I've worked with an interviewed Harvard and MIT grads, just because it's on your resume doesn't make you smarter and more qualified.  It's not so important which school you went to, except possibly if you happen to be interviewing with an alum.  It's more more important how well you present yourself and if the interviewers think you will be a good fit for their environment/need.

Depending on what job you are applying for having a college education or possibly a masters degree could be very important.  It's less important which school you got it from.

My daughter and her significant other both live and work in NYC, neither went to an Ivy League school.  Both have degrees.

However, NYC is NOT someplace you want to live right now.  di Blasio has let the city go to the criminals and bums.  It was my daughters dream to live in NYC, now she wants out.