Car wheel balance fee?

I bought tires at this tire store before. I have two tires for them to install. It looks like wheel balance is $5 per tire. Should I expect it to cost me $10 for them to install the tires?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

I'd be more interested in a Wheel Balance. After a few hundred miles, you'll lose those lead weights, anyway. Oh, of course you have to pay more for any extra work. Expect it. Wheel Balance, Tire Balance, New Stems, disposal & tax aren't free.

• 1 month ago

You should be more interested in the wheel and tire balancer they are using. If it's not a Hunter GSP-9700, take your tires to a shop that has one. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

No, dumbass, there's also a tire mounting fee, plus a disposal fee for your old tires, plus tax. 

• D50
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

If you're getting it done for $15 per wheel, you're getting a good deal. It's more than that around Boston.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Balance is what they do after the mount them.

You need to ask what they charge to mount AND balance.

My place does them for about $10-15 per tire depending on the size.

• 1 month ago

Hey Dufus...how bout calling them for a quote instead of trying to make us guess?!

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

No, dumbass, there's also a tire mounting fee, plus a disposal fee for your old tires, plus tax. 

• Erik
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Here in LA, every tire I have bought, they charge me for balancing.  And it's more than $5.

• 1 month ago

$5 to balance a tire is cheap. Many tire shops normally charge for mounting and balancing. The common rate I've seen over the decades is $15 per tire. They could add that cost to the tire price to keep you from squalling. They take their time and effort to do that work for you and they deserve to be paid for working.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

If you bought the tires from the store, they should mount with new valve and balance at no charge (at least the way it's been on the 35 cars I've owned over the years).  If you bought the tires elsewhere, they could charge you for mounting, balancing, valve. . . . and since you have weaseled them out of the profit on the sale of the tires they don't care about your history - they care about paying their bills today.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.