Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationBuying & Selling · 1 month ago

How to get best price for a car?

I never bought a car at a dealer. What is the best way I can get a good deal without getting rip off?

Would I be better off taken out a bank loan, or from a dealer ship? 

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Jay P
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

New???  Used???

• Fred G
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

Don't buy from a dealer.. Don't trade in at a dealer.. You lose on both..

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Don't buy from a dealer. Take a long test drive or two. And then, and only then, have a mechanic check it.

never use a dealer for financing. And never buy an extended warranty or service contract.

Look for private party cars priced in private party range. And then hopefully talk them down some from there.

You can save thousands that way.  Some cars are still under factory warranty.

Many cars have 5 years, 60k mile power train warranties. Call & ask before you buy when the date runs out. (It goes by the date sold which can be a year difference)

• 1 month ago

Do as much research as possible BEFORE you visit a dealer. Use the vast resources available to you online to check out different vehicles, models, options, and prices. Use answers from previous questions here on Quora to educate yourself about the buying process, negotiating rices, and not getting ripped off.

Understand that the dealer is in business to make as much profit from you as possible. He is not your friend and is not going to prevent you from making your own mistakes.

Finally, yes, go to your local banks and credit unions to get preapproved car loans. Use one of them unless the dealer can give you a better deal.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

picture yourself as an amateur going up against pros.  Salesmen sell cars all day long and know how to do it.  Find a car you want and check the value at Kelley Blue Book.  Go to cars.com and cargurusl.com to see what similar vehicles are selling for.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.