Anonymous
Anonymous asked in News & EventsOther - News & Events · 1 month ago

If you see someone these days not wearing a facemask in public, what are the odds they are a defiant Trump supporter or is it something else?

Question asked on September 22nd 2020. 

I am in an area where there are more Covid-19 infection rates and fatalities than the national average. He does have support locally, however since we're mostly Hispanic (albeit not necessarily Spanish speaking), there's also a large segment of the local population that doesn't like him. Most here are middle or lower class financially, all of this might play a role.

Update:

I don't believe it's the cost of masks, you can get a 50 pack of disposables at a local supermarket for under 30 dollars. Obviously not medical grade but sufficient as temporary protection for when having to be outside, going to the store etc - and to not just protect oneself but others which they might be in proximity to.

Update 2:

Price update: A store like Dollar Tree has 50 packs for 5.99 .. who can't afford that?

Update 3:

Rod: Did you ever learn the difference between there, their, and they're ?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favourite answer

Either Trump supporters, or do not know there is a pandemic going on.

Ignorant either way. 

• bill
    Lv 4
    4 weeks ago

Many kids don't wear masks. I see them in groups all the time. They are not conservatives. They just don't care.

• Rod
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

More people get sick and die of the common flu in the USA than covid-19 with most being the elderly and people with bad health problems.

Wearing a mask is no guarantee a person won't catch covid-19 anyway. People still have to use there hands during the day to eat and other normal things.

Do you really think its realistic a person can keep washing there hands every time they touch something in public --- what about the virus sitting on peoples clothing?

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

defiant trump supporter for sure.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

The mask do not come with pictured instructions. They cannot figure out how to use one.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.