Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 1 month ago

Why is it that some people find age gap disgusting?

My uncle is 50 and has a 25 years old girlfriend. My mother says it's disgusting. I can't figure out why. That dude is a legend. I can't pick up a 25 years old when I'm 50. Heck it's hard enough for me now and I'm barely 30. 

jealous........................

Probably jealousy.

• Ocimom

Because its like dating or marrying your daughter.   The agre gap is too much to last very long.  The girl is looking for a sugar daddy who will buy her anything she wants or she's a gold digger only wanting his money.  He is only out for sex with a younger woman - not a long term loving relationship.

cause they think its too much of an age gap

As long as that age gap is between two consenting adults... who cares? But to play devil's advocate... how do you feel about a 50 year old woman with a 25 year old man?

The only way to know how and why specific people think is to ask them.

Have you tried it?

Your mom is probably "disgusted" because it's possible she's prudish.  And she knows that the reason a 50 year old man would likely date an 25 year old girl is for the sexual aspect of things.  

Personally, it doesn't bother me but if someone asked me for my opinion about that sort of situation, i'd either guess the man likes to babysit or he's emotionally stunted.  I don't see what a 25 year old girl has in common with a 50 year old man.  And sometimes younger girls date older guys for material gain.  So i guess it can be a win-win for everyone involved?  Whatever works for them, right?

eww, because that is just weird. what would a 50 year old and a 25 year old even have in common?

• God

It's a case of sour grapes.  If they can't do something some people say they didn't want it anyway.