HELP! Need to remove Sharpie mark from floor! ?

I will be moving out in 5 days and I need to get this out of my floor! It’s a rental. I have tried nail polish remover and it worked at first but now it just spread and won’t come off! I also tried goo gone, dry erase marker and magic eraser! None worked!! 

Methylated Spirits (Metho) will for sure remove permanent marker, but it might also remove the laminate floor surface along with it.

You can also try Xylene which is sold as a spot remover product which may save you from damaging the laminate floor surface.

Source(s): experience

That is a tough one. It looks like the acetone has spread the stain and worked it into the pores of the floor. You might have to resort to putting a potted plant or rug over it. 

Try the pink stuff rub

isopropyl rubbing alcohol of at least 70% removes sharpie ink. 90% is recommended for stubborn sharpie ink that has penetrated the material it has been written on.

That looks like Pergo flooring and it ain't gonna come out, even if you sand it. Maybe the landlord has a few pieces left over cuz that's got to be pipped out and replaced.

• Barry

You can't remove permanent marker. The clue is in the name. Put a rug over it.

Try rubbing alcohol. Or hand sanitizer. Of course, with all the other things you tried, you may have damaged the surface of the floor so the ink has really soaked in and nothing will remove it now.

I know it sounds weird but try using bengay or similar product. That’s what we did in prison to remove people’s names from their cigarette packs.