Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsInfectious Diseases · 4 weeks ago

If I have a mask on but someone else with me does not does my mask protect me from the coronavirus if their infected?

Here's a meme to help you understand how masks work:

https://youtu.be/092whg6qkj8

Youtube thumbnail

hello Paramahansa Yogananda who was born in India in gorakapur and wrote the book l Autobiography of a Yogi the Divine Novel towards the realization of the Self l eternal search of man l Whispers from eternity to be Victorious in Life

he created the recharge exercises the monks SRF Self Realization Fellowship of Los Angeles in Italy do them there is a book and Ananda you can find it online

they are a disease prevention and seof Realization Fellowship SRF put this video online

https://youtu.be/092whg6qkj8

Youtube thumbnail

Hi Paramahansa Yogananda created the recharge exercises in Italy and a book and Ananda on the exercises. he was a great soul he came from India born in Gorakapur I put the link on what the Self Realization Fellowship SRF says he founded on exercises

i love india because Paramahansa Yogananda is my teacher

No! Your mask mainly protects anyone near you if you are infected. Best to stay clear of those without masks to be safe. If they are really your friend they will at least wear a mask to keep you safe and vice versa.

Source(s): Dr. Fauci and a number of medical experts

If the person next to you is infected with corona, your mask will protect you, but you should be more careful, use the appropriate mask for everyone.

• John P

It s generally said that masks protect other people from getting the virus if you have it. They are therefore vital, because, especially if you are young, you can have the virus by not have any symptoms. 

Masks do not protect you as much as they protect other people from you.

• No, your mask protects them.  Their lack of mask exposes you to risk.

Guaranteed, 100% protection? No. Masks help by reducing your risk, not eliminating it. That's why social distancing is also encouraged.

No. The point of wearing a mask is to stop YOU spreading it. Basically you wear the mask to protect others, not yourself. People are just too self-centred to realise that. It never even crosses their mind.

No.  The mask is to protect other people from you, not protect you from them.

A mask provides a little protection for the wearer, but very damn little.  It's like trying to keep bugs out of your house using a baseball bat.