Dave asked in PetsDogs · 1 month ago

My dog shakes all the time why?

• reme_1

Talk to the vet!

• "My dog shakes all the time why?"

If you are too new to know HOW to add the requested information, it's easy:

a: Click the [Edit] under your question, then

b: click the [Add Update] that pops up, followed by

c: typing your responses into the empty area that will appear.

We need MUCH more information than that, [Dave].

💥Q1: What is your dog's AGE and BREED (or breed-mix) and GENDER? Has he/she been neutered in the last week?

💥Q2: What TYPE of "shakes" do you mean?

___a: Like a dog does after getting out of the water?

___b: Like a dog that is feeling chilled?

___c: Like a scared dog that is too scared to actually run away?

___d: If it's some other kind, please explain carefully & in detail.

Your "all the time" is VERY unlikely. He would starve to death if it was ALL the time. If you disagree, try eating soup while YOU are doing the same shaking HE is doing. So...

💥Q3: How many TIMES a day does get these shakes?

Use a clock or watch (a stop watch would be best) for the next one:

💥Q4: How long did one of his shakes last before he stopped it?

💥Q5: Your question being 2 days old before I had time to look, HAVE you taken him/her to the vet since asking this question? If you have, what was the vet's diagnosis, and has the vet's recommendation stopped the "shakes"?

King Les The Lofty - first pup in 1950, GSD trainer & breeder as of Easter 1968

he may have a neurological problem

He is a nerve ability 

Rub its nose in it.

Because it's a chihuahua?

First I would make an appointment with your Vet for a wellness check, if all is well then your dog could just be cold. Breeds like Chihuahuas lose a lot of heat through the large ears and domed heads. If you live in a cooler climate then make a nice warm bed. I have had Chihuahuas for over 30 years and they do get real cold and I have kept a heating pad on low under their beds and they get in and don't move for hours. Mind you I watch them that they don't chew on the wires or dig on the heating pad, I have never had a problem, they just sit or lay there and love it.

causes can be

Excitement

Intelligence

Sickness or pain

stress

you need to see a vet ..

Shaking can indicate pain. It also may show submissive temperament.  Shaking can be associated with some small breed dogs.  We don't know what breed or X your dog is.  More information would be helpful.  How long has this been going on?  How old is the dog?  Has it been sick?  I suggest you take the dog in to see a Vet & find out WHY this is happening.

• Maxi

No idea, however shaking is a sign of stress and pain so the first thing to do is take it to the vets and find out its health condition