Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesVisual ArtsDrawing & Illustration · 1 month ago

Should I reach out to the artist again?

I commissioned an artist on the 12th, and he said he would give me an update within a couple days. After 6 days, I reached out and politely asked for an update. He took a long time to respond after viewing the message, then promised he would update me the following day. He didn't, and I've waited four days past that. Would it be acceptable to reach out again? I don't want to be rude, but I've done plenty of commissions with other artists and they've always been very communicative.

Update:

I should add that he's updated his page with about 10 other commissions, so I understand he's busy with other clients. I just don't know if I would be harassing him by reaching out again. I did pay beforehand. I've always paid artists beforehand. Most only accept upfront payment so as to protect themselves.

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

You can wait, you can withdraw your commission, you can give him a deadline. 

• John
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Time to stop being a doormat.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Yes you should, he is not acting professionally.

• Sandy
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

I hope you didn't pay up front. if this artist signed a contract to do a job for you, take it to a lawyer and see what your rights are. meanwhile find another artist who has a proven track record of reliability.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.