Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkBeer, Wine & Spirits · 1 month ago

Does alcohol affect my sleep?

Usually when 8 wake after after drinking alcohol I notice that my bedding is always a mess. I can feel my mattress instead of my mattress cover and my blanket is out of sight. Does drinking alcohol affect how I sleep and how I move in my sleep?

A new review of twenty seven studies shows that alcohol doesn't improve sleep quality. consistent with the findings, alcohol will permit healthy folks to doze off faster and sleep additional deeply for a jiffy, however it reduces fast eye movement (REM) sleep. and also the additional you drink before bed, the additional pronounced these effects.

• Darla

Yes it does. It causes all kinds of insomnia. 

• kswck2

Yeah. And the getting up every two hours to pee sucks too. 

• Yes it raises your blood pressure, it's the worst thing for a good nights sleep.

Yes it makes you sleep a lot worse, you skip the R.E.M stage and go straight into deep sleep, you wake up feeling unsatisfied because you haven’t had enough REM sleep.