If you could back up 30 or 40 years to your days of child rearing, would you bring a baby into this world?

With tbe ever - increasing violence and anarcby spreading like wildfire all across the country tbese days, not to mention the $ 30 trillion national debt threatening to bring about economic collapse at some point in what will probably be the not - to - distant future, I wouldn't even think about bringing a brand new, human life into this world under the current circumstances, not to mention those of the future . In fact, I have come to regret havng brought my own 2 kids into this world back in the 80s, due to the fact that I now fear for their futures and the hell it appears they're gonna have to endure . So, what say you ? Would you go back in time and have your kids all over again, especially if you'd have known then what you know now ?

SunDude : You could say the same thing about any given group of young people of the past, yet, the world has progressively become nothing but a more dangerous and perilous place with each passing generation . 

I never wanted to then, and I sure as hell regret much of what I did to spoil my useless son now.  I didn't have the kid, his mother did.

My children were born in the 60s and 70s and life was much nicer in the U.K. at that time.  I feel very sorry for babies being born into this world now and also feel sorry for the young parents who are going to have to cope with the most appalling behaviour and ideas of many people in the world now.  I hope that the end of the world is near as I'd hate to see it become even worse than it is now.

It was the freedom on the 70s, in my opinion, that saw the start of children having no standards. Everyone wanted a better life for their kids than they had had themselves and just overdid it. Children were spoilt rotten, given all they asked for instead of being told to work to earn the money to buy those things. All kids felt that just because so and so had an item then they should have one also so greed, jealousy etc. became the norm and kids were given what they 'virtually' demanded.  I was born in the 40s and my own in the late 60s, early 70s.  Mine were not spoilt but all who followed that generation seem to have been. Kids don't seem to have to earn the things they want. They are not told to do chores.  I had loads of chores besides school homework and all must be completed before I was allowed to do what I wanted to do. I knew how to do many things that my school friends had no clue about.  I think that my parents did a good job parenting us and believe I did a good job with mine, but those who have come after that lack a great deal of what is needed to be a decent citizen of the human race. 

I would not have kids if I had to do it again. My oldest is a teacher. She and her husband just retired, with triple dipping pensions. She never expressed any interest in making the world better, just in her own success and financial well being. My next one died of cancer last year. She got laid off a few years ago, and found a way to sponge offa the system without working. She left her hard working husband deep in debt. The next one joined the navy, and managed to get assigned to the Pentagon in a do nothing, high paying job, accomplishing nothing. She's retired. The youngest faked an injury, won the lawsuit, and lives well off of the interest. They all stayed with me after their mother moved out. They believed all their mother's BS and didn't like my values.   "Screw everyone", worked better for them. I would not have kids.

• What truly disgusts me is the sheer amount of millenial moms in places like California and New York  who give birth at home and breastfeed their sprog for over 2 years. Very backward and animalistic!

Why go back only that far? Why not go back even farther and see how many people wish they weren't even born? But to be honest, I would like to see what it would be like to be born in developed country other than the United States! I think the States are by far over rated.

• ?

Yes I would, we would've never known what the future holds, its just a chance we have to take.

• Snid

Sure.  I wouldn't know any better.

• kswck2

Didn't the first time. And wouldn't again. 

Yes I would, because kids have the power to make the world a better place.