Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationMaintenance & Repairs · 4 weeks ago

What are the things I will need for an oil change for my car?

I plan on bringing it in to a shop to do the oil change but I'm kinda scared because I don't known how to talk car terms.

The first change in my Mazda was free, But, it was only conventional oil. I supplied syn for $20, they did labor, free. Always check dipstick , then  look  for leaks while running Before driving off..

M: Make, model makes no difference in actual oil change  procedure as far back as at least 1978. 

Your vehicle, and enough money to pay for it.

Ask around friends/family if they recommend any shops/oil change places - I personally don't trust anyone else to work on my car after having seen incompetent places underfill/overfill people's oil, fail to change the filter (but charge them for it), or otherwise try to rip them off by convincing them to pay for unnecessary repairs after they bring their vehicles in for simple oil changes.

In car terms, we say "I would like an oil change". You can check that the oil is cleaner and that they put the lid back on, as well as see a cleaner oil filter since the old one is usually dirty on the outside before changing.

• garry

oil , filter , bucket for oil , spanner for the sump plug and an filter remover .

money. thats kinda it 

You think you need an oil & oil filter change. Women know how to ask for that.

Money.  Then just wait until it is done.

A source of payment and a car. Most new car manufacturers recommend synthetic oil which costs several times more than conventional or blended. 

Just call the shop, tell them you want an oil and filter change and book a time. That's better than just turning up and having to queue.

All you need to bring is your car and money. 

You just tell the tech that you want an oil and filter change. If you go to one of those quick change shops like jiffy lube, they’ll try to get you to get a lot more done than you really need like an air filter change or recharge your AC.