Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationBuying & Selling · 1 month ago

Any benefits of buying used ?

Taxi or police cars.   If so could you please list them.

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Buying used car or bikes or any other vehicle gives us an opportunity to have our own vehicle at a lesser price, with a plus point if we get a better deal.

• 1 month ago

Only if you can still buy a 1960s Checker cab, they were pretty much bullet proof

• F
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

While the police cars will have been very well maintained , they will have high mileages and will have been driven hard.

Taxis on the other hand will probably have even higher mileages and not so well maintained and drive mostly around town.

Bear in mind many people will have puked in both types.

They will also have loads of ugly holes where additional equipment has been removed.

Look elsewhere. 

• 1 month ago

You will usually save money by buying used but don't get a taxi or a police car.  Look for a single owner car in your area.  I suggest going on Youtube and watch some videos about buying used cars.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Not usually because by the time they come up for sale they're very high mileage and pretty well won out. 

• 1 month ago

I found that police cars come with heavy duty suspension and alternators.  Could be other options that I am not aware of.  

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

too worn out.............

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Police cars are generally worn out well beyond what the mileage suggests because they idle them all the time with the A/C on.

• You are better off buying a police car rather than a taxi because the former will be better maintained,  but both will have had a hard life so try to get a low mileage car from an older couple who treated their car with respect. 

• 1 month ago

I know someone that purchased old unmarked interceptors to rent to people to park around their area to deter crime

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.