Do I need to change my Monitor for Gaming?

When I play animal crossing on my PC, my character moves super slowly. The music is even slow sounding. Like overall the images or animations of everything is super slow, like it's moving in slow motion.

I have an old monitor that I was already using with my PC and I was hoping I could make it work for gaming. It has VGA and DVI ports, but not HDMI. I'm gaming on my Nintendo switch and I'm using WiiStar capture card. I know the capture card is supposed to work and I know my computer can't be that bad, because I don't have problems with HD video. 

I have it hooked up so I'm using VGA for all my computer stuff and the game uses DVI to display. That way I wouldn't have to use 2 montiors (I saw someone do it and it worked for them). 

I'm not sure if it's because I have it connected wrong. Which would be weird because everything is being displayed and I can even get it on OBS and can record it. Its just laggy as hell, or moving in slow motion.

-in the back of the monitor I have HDMI to DVI connector plugged into the DVI-D port

-the HDMI cable is pluggled into that

-the other end of the HDMI cable is plugged into the capture card (in the out section)

-I have a 2nd HDMI cable pluggled into the "In" section of capture card

-then the other end of 2nd HDMI cable is plugged into the switch dock

It all works together and when I press input on my monitor to DVI, it shows the game.

Is this a monitor Issue? I don't want buy an HD monitor and it ends up not being the problem.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/14xIhNlLTQr...

That's a link to images of more info on my computer

this is indicative of slow cpu or slow gpu or both.  it has zero to do with your monitor.  read the specs on the game's website

Doubt that monitor is a problem.  But capturing a game from Nintendo Switch may or may not be possible with speed through some unknown computer.  It is not just some "capture card" plugged into the computer that does the work.  The computer does most of it.  With no clue from you what system you have, what software runs it, no guessing from far away could help you.