Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelUnited StatesNew York City · 4 weeks ago

Will I be able to travel to nyc in early December ?

Update:

I mainly asking about safety with COVID,protests,looting,crime,etc

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 weeks ago

too soon to travel..................

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

No, there’s the usual blizzard schedule, if I know anything about nyc, as a Californian.

• 4 weeks ago

NYC is not a desirable destination at this time as indoor seating in restaurants is not available, broadway shows are still closed, and crime is rampant. I would look elsewhere. As for December, it may improve a little as the restaurants should be up to 50% seating and the crime may abate a little with the colder weather.

• 4 weeks ago

Yea i am able for travel

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

No one knows what the situation will be then. If it's like now, you will be able to, but may have to quarantine when you get there depending on where you're coming from.

• 4 weeks ago

New York has restrictions (2 weeks quarantine on arrival) on travelers from states with high infection rates.  This list is revised weekly, so no way of knowing which states may be on the list in December.  NY currently has a COVID infection rate under 1%, making it one of the safest states in the country.  Protests are so routine in NY that few people let them interfere with traffic or plans.  I once saw three separate, unrelated protests at the same time outside City Hall.  Looting?  You been watching pirate movies or something?  NYC's crime rate is down from 20 years ago, and safe in the areas tourists are likely to visit, no guarantees in slum areas at 3 am.

Restaurants and museums recently re-opened with limits on attendance.  Theaters have not, although may be December.

• 4 weeks ago

Perhaps. But realistically - probably not (or at least, you certainly shouldn't plan on it)

• 4 weeks ago

We don't know, because you didn't say where you are travelling from or why you are travelling. And no one anywhere, at this time, knows what things will be like in December.

• 4 weeks ago

likely yes, but no guarantee on how much will be open, accessible or even worth it to go see with all the restrictions. good luck!

• Murzy
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

You will probably need to wear a mask.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.