Have you ever tried dancing/watching an ethnic dance? How was your experience? What did youfeel adter watching it?

Please help me ASAP🙏

Was part of a Lithuanian Dance Troupe, and performed on stage and TV for a number of years -- hard work, learning the steps and variations we used on the various dances. 

It was a lot of fun when we finally got the whole working. 

Our group took part in a huge ethnic festival -- there were some 100 different groups, all performing the same dance at the same time, with 10 or so regional variations, but the dances even had the various groups mix as well, and it was great to see how we could fit in with the large professional groups as well as other amateur groups like ours.

Also did Scottish folk dancing, but that was as an individual -- once one got the basic patterns straight, it was great.

Overall, folk dancing is great to do or watch -- but you do need to understand the patterns as well as the footwork to appreciate them.

Note: In the movie "Sound of Music", the captain and Maria were doing an Austrian folk dance. It's amazing how many people manage to learn the traditional steps and patterns -- try it some time.

Why do you need "help"? Either you have, or you haven't, tried. If you haven't, there's nothing more to say. If you have, YOU are the only person who can say how you felt.

I've watched porn starring people that absolutely hated me. My experience was I didn't climax. I felt a bit of jealousy because I'm not a beautiful person. I am not capable of marriage neither and I'm old. It kills me to see people happy and loving one another. So I'm jealous of everyone that is beautiful. 

yes i tried, soon after i realize that how difficult dancing is

• John P

"Ethnic"? Does a sword dance by locals in the north of England count?

Wonderful precision in movement, coupled with the hazard of short heavy swords.  By chance I came across a folk music festival near Newcastle when I was working there for a couple of days. The Monkseaton Morris Men were fabulous, among a whole series of folk song and dance groups from all over Europe.

You are probably hoping for experiences of dancers from other parts of the world, but don't forget that everybody in the world belongs to one ethnic group or another.

• drip

What ethnic dances? I was in a Heritage Dance company while in my university. We did dances from Mexico, Spain, Yugoslavia, Germany, Russia, Poland and the Swing dance from America. As well as many other countries. These were dances done decades/centuries  ago. 

I love it. The dances had a history, a meaning, a reason for them. How they began and why they were danced.  Most of these dances were done in groups.  So you had a sense of community and friendship.

• I took part in Welsh Line Dancing as part of my Community Service punishment.

It was nice when it stopped.

• Ludwig

Yes.  I attended an event which involved Scottish  country dancing.     I felt physically ill afterwards.

Yeah, I danced the Polovetsian Polka during one particularly coke-fueled Qing Ming Festival in Cabo San Lucas. I felt very ambiguous before, during, and afterwards. As did my attorney.