Is remote executive assistant a good job?

I'm a patient and loyal kind of person, I think I can do that. 

Working from home, what do you do all day? 

Is it terribly stressful? Is it stable? Expected Salary?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

What experience do you have as an executive assistant, or even administrative assistant? You have to handle correspondence of all types, including transcription, answer phones, make travel arrangements, keep accounts & pay bills (or at least prepare checks to be signed), maintain records & files. There can be lots of personal, family, household needs attended to as well, such as arranging appointments, household help, track needs for car servicing & arrange it, & more. Every employer & every job is different! Pay varies widely as well. No way to predict what you might be offered. A friend with years of experience as Executive Assistant for a senior exec with a major corporation gets $50/hr, but she had superior references, and is on-call 24/7.

• Kyle
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

stressful is hard to answer since you'll be home.  though calls and emails will still likely be forwarded to you to be the gatekeeper.  you may still need to schedule virtual appointments, maybe some travel if they are doing that now.  i would expect salary to be maybe $35,000.  maybe lower for people with less or no experience.  but you never know until they offer you the job.

you need to be really detailed and organized.  it's not just being patient.  

if you haven't gone through interviews yet, asking what it will be like working from home is ok to ask.  

• 1 month ago

i would just try it and see and then you'll know

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

There are 10 million who want maybe 5 jobs. Do you feel lucky?  If you are that lucky, just play the lottery.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.