Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 month ago

Can you lose salvation ?

84 Answers

Relevance
  • Carym
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

No such thing as OSAS!

After Jesus' death and resurrection, it was still not easy to follow Jesus. It was either ALL IN or ALL OUT. The risk was high and the cost was at times their own life, yet there were those who did not shrink back.

[Hebrews 10:38-39] “Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man shrinks back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him.” (Those who withdraw from the faith fall prey to destruction because they did not persist in the faith to which they were called).

"For many are called, but few are chosen." Some will be called and enter according to God's conditions---these form the body of Christ. Others will utterly reject the calling, while still others will respond correctly, but will insist on doing things their way. {Oh, how naughty of me, according to the OSAS supporters, they are saved forevermore...}

How stupid can one be!

When I look at all the answers, I can't believe that some still support this false doctrine after being corrected for the umpteenth time? Of course, we will recognize them by their fruits. Are grapes gathered from thornbushes, or figs from thistles? [Matthew 7:16].

Annsan, you can't enter the race and expect Jesus to finish it on your behalf. What am I saying... you've never entered the race? Simple. 

A comfortable faith is a counterfeit faith. Just so you know. To follow Christ in the true sense is certainly a far more serious matter than people think. No wonder Jesus told us to calculate the cost. [Luke 14:28]; [Matthew 16:25-26].

We learn on our journey that we can relax in God's promises (to believe what we cannot see) but NOT Salvation! "Work out your own salvation." It says so in [Philippians 2:12] Though salvation is through Christ, it must be worked out by obedience [Hebrews 5:8] with fear and trembling. >>Salvation of the soul will not take care of itself without any effort on our part.

Why were the churches warned in Revelation? I'm almost sure that all of them relaxed in Eternal Salvation.

Now, to “believe” is an active faith that remains sustained, and not just a 'one-time' act that forever saves beyond the possibility of forfeiture, and condemnation [Hebrews 10:39]; [Hebrews 3:12]. PLEASE READ THIS AND ENGAGE YOUR MIND FOR A CHANGE.

Salvation also requires Baptism. Baptism is “the first step of obedience.” Yeah, once one has believed and repented, he must follow through with [Mark 16:16]; [Acts 2:38]. <WHY LEAVE THAT OUT!> [John 3:36] 'He who believes in the Son has eternal life, but he who does not obey the Son will not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him." -- [Hebrews 12:14] "Pursue peace with all men, and the sanctification without which no one will see the Lord."

”Did you not announce to everyone the other day how you were baptized at the age of 22?"  Did you not proclaim (the other day) that there are true Christians in every denomination and cult? [Matthew 15:9] >>Are you ever able to replace your 'people-pleasing' tendencies with the Truth of God? How can you point to liberty, if you yourself are still in bondage?

• yesmar
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

No, you can only leave salvation.  It cannot be lost, stolen or rescinded by anyone else.

Source(s): Jesus follower
  • 1 month ago

Salvation has a 3-fold aspect. One is saved from the burden of their sins at the point of coming to saving faith in Jesus Christ. They are forgiven freely by God, not because of anything they have done or merited, for all whom God saves are unworthy of such grace. The 2nd aspect is going on in the way of salvation - living as a saved believer in Jesus - and the Holy Spirit who began the good work in us enables us to be more and more Christ-like till the day we die. The third aspect is receiving the crown of salvation when we step out of time and enter eternity.

Perhaps the best question you could ask is, "How do I get salvation in the first place?" Most people who think they can lose salvation are following a system they have been told will, eventually, lead to salvation (if they keep on doing this, that, or the other.) Such people have never been saved in the first instance, hence their doubts.

They do not believe the promise of Jesus that “Whoever comes to me I will never drive away… The will of him who sent me is that I shall lose none of all that he has given me, but raise them up at the last day.. For my Father’s will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day.” John 6:36-40

Source(s): Acts 10:39-43, Colossians 1:13-14 & 3:1-4; Philippians 1:4-11 & 27-30; 2 Timothy 4:6-8 & 18, 2 Corinthians 5:1-5
  • 1 month ago

What salvation?  We aren't given salvation till we die.

Source(s): Greek Orthodox Christian
  • What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

I can lose just about anything you can name.  That's one of the things that I do best in life.

• Paul
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

No, once we are truly saved, in Heaven, we are there for all eternity. But no-one alive on Earth is already saved, in spite of the novel ideas of many Protestant churches. While we are on Earth, we are either on the road to salvation or on the road away from it. Some people live part of their lives far away from salvation, but later find God and get on the right road. Others stay on the road to salvation for a good part of their life, claiming to be saved, but then turn away from it and forfeit salvation. When this happens, Protestants say "I guess he was never really saved". Right! And neither is anyone else.

• 1 month ago

Absolutely NOT.  Since scripture clearly states that salvation is through Christ alone, that those who come to Christ are drawn there by the Father, that those who are saved were chosen before the foundation of the earth, that the faith we have was given by God, and that God does not make mistakes, it is absolutely impossible to lose your salvation.

• 1 month ago

If you rid yourself of things that keep you safe, the potential for harm is there. While the bible lists the threats as well as what is required for salvation from those threats, there is still the question of whether those lists are accurate and if you stop doing what is necessary for salvation, it should be lost.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Believe in the Lord Jesus Christ to have salvation. That simple.  You cannot lose salvation.  If you think you can, then you don't understand or believe in salvation.  Jesus only offers eternal life, not "probation".  Here is the truth: The Lord Jesus Christ is God. Nobody can be good enough to avoid hell. The truth is that death leads to immediate heaven or hell, depending only on whether the person believed on the Lord Jesus Christ, or not. The truth is that the Lord Jesus Christ loves you and wants to bless your life freely :) Most of all, Jesus wants you with Him forever, and not in hell. It is too late to be saved, after death.

Believing on the Lord Jesus Christ means being forgiven all sins past and future and means going to heaven. The truth is that every belief except one will lead to eternal torment in the lake of fire for every person. Because nothing pays for our sins except the death and blood of Jesus, the sacrifice of Jesus that is already accomplished by Him . Jesus loves you! The truth is that the Lord Jesus Christ is God, and Jesus died on the cross to pay for all of our sins in full, and then Jesus was buried, and then Jesus resurrected from the dead. Nothing else pays for our sins, not works, not deeds, not religions. So the only way to heaven and to avoid hell, is by believing on Jesus for eternal life (John 6:47), without adding any of your own works (Romans 4:5). Believe in the Lord Jesus Christ to take you to heaven, and you will be in heaven, no matter what, guaranteed. That easy, thanks to Jesus! Tell Jesus that you thank Him that you will be with Him in heaven

• Steven
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

Anyone who becomes born again will enter the kingdom of God. Now those who have tasted of the Holy Spirit have become born again so therefore it is up to the Holy Spirit whether or not to leave you and then get one of His evil lackys to torment you. This is all in scripture people.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.