Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 1 month ago

Guy keeps calling me nonstop?

I met this guy on tinder and we never met up just talked on whatsapp for a few months on july 2017. I got a bf on sept 2017 and fully expressed to this guy that I am taken and am not interested. As he kept calling me on the phone many times. Ever since then he keeps calling me on my phone and I have blocked his number. Even so he keeps calling me on his friends numbers and even on private number just to ask if I'm either "single now?" Or "want to meet up" to which i say no and hang up. 

Its 2020 now and he still calls me on different numbers that its getting out of hand now. The person on the phone is usually a different person who then hands the phone to the annoying guy.

I'm fed up of this and he keeps stalking my online social media too.

Please help. 

• Janet

As of today, you start keeping a written record of when he tries to contact you, what happens, and any witnesses. Time and date.

Once you have that list ....

- you tell him if he doesn't stop calling you, that you will report him to the police as a stalker

- if he doesn't stop, then you DO report him

- if that doesn't work, you get a Court Restraining Order, where he can be charged or even arrested immediately if he violates the no-contact rule of the Restraining Order.

It is up to YOU to take effective action. This guy is a nut case and you need to make him go away, and no one else will do that FOR you (well, the Police and Courts can have a major role in helping you, but you are the one who has to get things started).

Make sure you have a record.  Keep any emails/texts/etc that you get from him .. ask your friends not to delete their records either. The Police might believe you if you have no proof, but for all they know you are just a rejected woman who wants revenge. Courts want actual proof, not just your word.  So keep records.  Have witnesses.  Keep msgs and texts.

Just have sex with man 

Is not like you are staying in any permanent relationship 

That's messed up, 3 years. I hate to say it but change your phone number, I had to do this, most of my contacts are on WhatsApp anyway and I sent people messages saying this is my new number. Block his social media account from yours change you social media settings to private or private but public to friends only. The guy is clearly wrong in the head so you can do no more other than preventing any opportunities for him to ring you.

• Kieth

Stop answering him, and turn off your phone for a few hours.