Anonymous

What do whites think about dark skinned blacks?

Are blacks all grouped into one? Are light blacks better than dark skinned blacks? I’m curious because where I’m from dark skinned blacks are treated bad by light skinned blacks. 

Someone commented why do I care what whites think. I don’t care what whites think about blacks. I want to know where does this behavior come from. I understand slavery was part of it. But slavery is over. How can blacks talk about racism when blacks put lighter blacks on a hierarchy? Tia from the show Sister Sister recently stated she was denied being on the cover of a magazine cause she’s black. Does that mean being mixed black and white doesn’t count? I’m dark—idk where I belong in society.

Being good looking and sane and being able to feel real emotions including embarrassment are the characteristics that have potential to cause a person to be liked by other people. Good looks are dependent on facial bone structure not on skin color. And psychology comes from genetics from a person's parents(just the same as looks).

According to some black people, the more you hate cops and whites, the more legitimate your "blackness" is.  If you're friends with a white or cop, you're not black and deserve to die with them.  

• Jeremy

We are all human beings, born in the likeness of God.  He made human beings to be perfect but sin, hatred, anger, greed, deceit etc. ruined many human beings making us lesser human beings that our original ancestors were. Our skin colour would have originated from the part of the earth into which God placed us or our ancestors. People mix with other races these days which is why we get white people in Africa and black people France etc.

No-one individual and no group of people are better than another. We are each individual human beings. We choose to be good or bad.  We are naturally different in abilities, interests, appearance etc.  Any individual thinking that they are better than another individual will have a wake-up call one day.  If we feel superior, someone will cut us down one day, if we are unpleasant to others someone will put us straight eventually.

Skin colour should never be a determining reason for hiring someone, moving to a different area, marrying an individual etc.  God sees all, knows all, and is always in charge regardless of how superior we might feel about ourselves.

We try hard not to.

I'm really not obsessed with the concept of race or even human appearance that we are born with. I see every person individual-to-individual. I just don't see logic in treating "races" of humans as collective, hive-minded entities. However, I can see it with culture to some extent though.

In my experience it is dark skinned blacks who look down on light skinned blacks.

I personally don’t care what tone of skin you have as long as you’re not an *** hole.

• Zirp

That they need more sunlight to make vitamin-D or get sunburn than other people

Um, no we don't care what he thinks, we were here first.

The real question here is why do you care so much what white people think.

I'm caucasion

I think truly very dark African women can be attractive; Ugandans, Kenyans etc. It's a different measurement of beauty to Caucasians, but that doesn't make it any less of an attractiveness. I think I heard the ozone layer is thinner around that area so that probably explains why they are much darker.