Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Consumer ElectronicsTVs · 2 months ago

My television turns on, but is showing nothing other than the bright black screen. It is irresponsive to audio and button input. How to fix?

I can turn the TV on and off using the remote and button at the back of TV. The rest of the buttons don't do anything.

The TV is just black (the backlight can be seen through the holes) but I can see the screen get brighter when turned on. It no longer shows the "Hitachi" logo when starting TV up and is irresponsive to everything.

I have done the 60 seconds power button hold on the back of TV and unplugged it for 5 minutes. The issue is still here and I don't know what's happened.

It's my kids TV (4 and 5 year old girls) and I don't believe they knocked it. It's a 16inch tv and they can easily move it and I have told them not to. I just really can't afford a new TV right now, I am single mother who can't work due to my school being infected with the virus when I recently just started myself. 

There's no cracks or anything, no option to reset it manually without accessing the build in menu so I don't know what to do.

What would you suggest is the problem?

update: I pressed the netflix button to see if I could see if sound still works and IT DOES. This is obviously a problem with the display... not good atall. 

call customer service # or google your question.