What do Ukrainians need to live and marry in the UK?

I have a girlfriend that I met on holiday back in 2010. She is Ukrainian and she wants to come and live here in the U.K with me permanently. We have been talking a lot about marriage too. I want to know what documents she needs to make that happen. 

• Tavy

You have to start the process and it costs.

Look up spouse visa online.

• Maxi

You would have to be working and earning at least £18,600, have your own home or privately renting along with a legal contract and letter from your private landlord that the 'gf' can move into the rental, you can't be claiming any benefits and would have to apply for a fiancee visa, which would if you can prove you have a real relationship and it is not a relationship esablished by her to  get a visa to live in the UK.... if/when she gets it she would have to arrive in the UK snd you would have 90 days to marry or she goes home

What do Ukrainians need to live and marry in the UK?.... Firstly, YOU need to be in a position to sponsor her. So earning over £18600. More if you have kids to support. You also need your own place to live, or not living with parents.

You will have to prove it's a genuine relationship and she is not using you to come here. She will also be background checked, so no criminal record.

You will need savings to pay for visas and other costs.

So, it's not just a case of what she needs.  YOU need to be able to sponsor her. Marriage does not give an automatic right for her to live and work here .