Why would my father's wife & his stepdaughter want my grandmother's genealogy research that goes back 1,200 yrs?

it's not like my father's wife and her daughter (my stepsister) are related to the family lineage. i took time off work to travel with my grandmother to Scotland, to help her go through files, go through old church records and various other places. i have even had the pleasure of meeting distant cousins in various places around the uk. 

now my father's stepfamily tell me i have no right to it and that her daughter should have control over it. what is this woman's problem? can't she make up her own family tree for her own daughter whom is my stepsister?

my family tree has been worked on for about 150 years which started in Scotland. 

i feel if they ended up with it, they would alter it, and name my stepsister as the biological daughter of my father, and take my brother and sister, and all my father's grandchildren out of this work.

All the research was put in my grandmother's will, to go to me, since I was the most dedicated family historian and researcher, to the family heritage. 

Some people are just interested in history and if your father's side of the family can trace their lineage back 1,200 years they're far more interesting than most families. 

"Research" doesn't belong to anyone.  Research RESULTS belong to the person who assembled the info.

I have no idea what this person's problem might be.  I don't know if she can or cannot do her own family tree.  I don't know if she knows when to use "who" and when to use "whom."

If the work product was given to you it's YOUR property to do with as you wish.

This is often a problem with family history.  I see these issues on line all the time.  Some people are misinformed.  Others deliberately falsify a family tree.  All genealogy contains references.  How would someone alter the references?

As far as anyone's problems, I have NO idea why you won't share, but it's your life.  If your grandmother researched only for your eyes, well, that's how it is.

Put it in a safe deposit box, notify a lawyer, and tell them NO.  Any more and tell them they will be hearing from your lawyer. END of discussion. DO NOT talk to them any more.

You make damn sure no one gets it, if you can get it in  to a vault at a bank do it.

This sounds like a crude effort to discredit your heritage and substitute your step-sibling(s) as rightful members of the dynasty. There is usually some financial reason for actions such as this. Resist the stupid efforts to horn in on your family history, and research whether there may be an inheritance waiting for you of which you are unaware.

Obviously your father's wife is mistaken that you have no right the genealogy research. Your grandmother left it to you in her will, case closed. Whatever her reasons for wanting the information, you are certainly not obligated to share it with her, and if it were me, I wouldn't, at least not without some very sound reasons.