For giving pictures to someone else, is it equally appropriate to give someone a photo of another person compared to a photo of a bus?

a) yes

b) no

When you answer, can you give me an explanation?

• Sumi

It could be equally appropriate.  It depends upon the content of the photo, who's in the photo, who's giving the photo and who's receiving the photo.  Too many unknown variables within your hypothetical.

• qrk

It depends on the connection between the recipient and the subject in the photo. If someone gave me a photo of Jessica Alba, I would toss it and think the person who gave me the picture to be a nut case.

If someone gave me a photo of a beautifully photographed bus used on the Four Mile Portage from the 60s, I would appreciate it and find it appropriate.

• Marli

Yes if the recipient appreciates the gift.

No one but a fan of old buses would appreciate a picture of a bus. I would appreciate a ride in a Peter Witt (an early 20th century streetcar) or in a replica of one so that I could record the sensations later.It would be an appropriate  if the recipient was a fan or friend of the person the photo, and the person in the photo authorized its distribution.

• John P

Oh, it's the 'bus man' again!

I'd say it wasn't equally appropriate, as it depends entirely upon the context and whether it is legal to do so. Also whether the person in the photo gave permission for the photo to be taken and subsequently shared.

• JJ

If they are legal adults then yes.