what's a Mestizo ?

I'm half Mexican and my family says we're Spanish and Native American, according to the internet that makes me a Mestizo? But I've also read that Mestizos are part African and East Asian. But that doesn't make any sense to me my family said they never even seen people of African descent until they moved to America. I read about Afro-Mexican, but they seem to live in isolated communities away from Mestizos. My question is why are people saying all Mexicans are part African and Asian?    

No. Mestizo is part native American and part European, the descendants of colonization.

In Canada they're called Metis (mixed with French).

It's because other people may feel limiting it to Spanish and Native is incorrect.

No humans evolved in the Americas. Some people think American natives are Asians who crossed into the Americas.

Past that, it was *also* used in Spanish colonies like the Philippines. So Mestizo can mean mixed with Asian.

Spain, as a modern country still even extends into the mainland of Africa. But we know mixing with afros happened in Nova Hispania (Mexico).

Someone who is 50 percent European and 50 percent Amerindian. 

People are still racist, evil, dumb and don't care about your true racial background, if you look like one race, you are that race, and if you look mixed, you are mixed race, all regardless if you have close relatives who actually look totally different to you or not.

"Mestizo" is used as a phenotype irl because people are dumb racists, to be considered a mestizo you have to display both your European and Native American origin in your phenotype, if not, you are not a mestizo.

• Kenny

"people saying all Mexicans are part African and Asian " People saying that are stupid and ignorant .