Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 month ago

Do you think they should legalize sex between teachers and students who are over 18? ?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

My biology teacher married a former student after she graduated 

• 1 month ago

i dont think so

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

It's already legal, although it may be unethical and cause for dismissal of the teacher. 

It's universally acknowledged that a teacher having a sexual relationship with a student, even an adult one, whom they are instructing is unethical.  The teacher/professor has power over that student through their ability to assign grades and such, and so they could coerce sex from a student.  Almost all, if not all, educational institutions would fire a teacher who engages in sexual activity with a student who they oversee. 

There's more debate on whether it's ethical for a teacher to have sex with a student who they do not have direct authority over.  Some worry that it's an unequal power arrangment and that even if the teacher is not directly instructing the student that it could be coercive.  Others argue that they are two consenting adults and that it's morally acceptable (if perhaps socially frowned upopn)

• 1 month ago

That's not illegal now.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

no, that is totally unprofessional

• 1 month ago

I mean why should it be illegal if both are consenting adults

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.