Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 1 month ago

I have two friends and not sure which one is lying. What should I do?

One of my good friends, K told me in a passing conversation that my other good friend, J said this really harsh thing about me and spoke ill of of me behind my back. I confronted Jennie nicely and she said “I would never say anything like that.” J and K use to hate each other for years but don’t speak to each other anymore and I really don’t know why J would say this lie when we weren’t talking about K before but K has really never done anything to me but K is very jealous person but J is very insecure and I’m her only friend. Ugh I really don’t know who to believe but one of them is toxic and I need to get rid of them. How do I do this. 

My mother-in-law once said something that has stuck with me ever since. She said 'if a person is gossiping to you about someone else you can be sure they are likely doing the same about you to someone else too." Do either of them talk about other people? If so and it is only one of them that is the person to watch. If I had to take a guess I'd say it is the jealous one, because in my experience such a person often tries to separate someone from those they are close to in the misguided idea that they'll have you all to themselves.