Does this English sentence make sense?

Can you play yet?

Can you eat yet?

Can you sit yet?

Do these phrases make sense?

Thank you

Yes. They make sense. 

Yes, all OK. 'Yet' is an indication of time. ie "I'm not sure when I can play." "Later "Are you ok to play yet?"

• RP

Yes, all of them make sense.

• Zirp

Only sort of. Native speakers will use "already" instead of "yet"

They may use "yet" in negative answers:

No, we cannot do that yet

• susan

Yes they do make sense, You could also say, Are you able to play yet.

Yes, they can be sensible things to say in certain situations. There has to be some implied or context-declared reason that you have been unable to eat or play or sit for them to be sensible.  Like, for example, supposed I had suffered a wound to my rear end and could not really sit while it healed, THEN asking me if I can sit yet would be sensible.  However, if you simply asked such a question without any context, the person would consider you an idiot, because I could always play, eat, and sit as a general thing so why even ask?  I cannot remember any point in my life where I was incapable of doing such simple tasks.

It is not like asking "Can you ride a bike yet?" to some kid, or asking a teenager if he can legally drive yet, or if a person can vote yet (which is asking if they are old enough to be permitted to vote).

• John P

'Can you play yet?' sort of makes sense, in the context of a young child asking a friend of similar age if he is allowed out to play.  My form would be "Are you ready to play yet?"

I cannot  imagine using the other two in any context.  

Really, forget that form of: 'Can you.....yet?' in any context unless you come across it an any writing which you know is by a native speaker of British or American English. Then take careful note of the context of how those phrases are used.

Note that 'already' at the end of a sentence is typical of a Jewish person speaking English. It is not typical of a British person. 

Note that Amulyaprasad is Indian.

Yes, they do.. "yet" the adverb is used to mean that something could, might etc. happen in the future, even though it seems unlikely. By the way, , these are meaningful sentences rather than phrases.

They can win yet.

it sounds okay to me