Is this a good computer to get?

I am looking at a computer of Facebook Marketplace, but I know little to nothing about computer specs. Are these good? 

HP Pavilion 24 inch All in One 24-b223w PC with Touch screen, upgraded the 1 TB hard drive to a new Samsung 860 EVO 500 GB SSD drive, I3-7100T, 6GB Ram, Windows 10

I want to use it mostly for school (college) and maybe to occasionally play some games (Minecraft) or watch youtube videos. 

i am using the same. its good

• keerok

I'm not comfortable with a used touchscreen. It's not about hygiene. It's just that touch screen LCDs tend to break down easily. Unless you can test the computer personally before paying for it, I suggest avoid at all cost.

Depends on what you do with it.  For some schoolwork, a few not too intense games, it will barely do.

This is an "all-in-one" computer/monitor with touch screen on the front.  It is the worst combination of desktop and laptop:

Heavy, needs wall power

Expensive for what you get

If one part fails, the whole thing goes into the shop

Repairs are very costly if warranty expired.

Runs hot because of small fans, tight spaces, tiny vents

Cannot be improved much (more RAM maybe, bigger HDD capacity maybe)

The CPU chip is not very powerful

No discrete GPU chip, you will have to use Intel HD 3000 on the CPU chip, not for fancy games.

Not sure how useful that touch screen will be.  I tried a couple laptops with them, was not impressed compared to a mouse.  Extra expense and setting up.

I looked at those HP consoles a long time ago, shuddered and walked away quickly. I picked up some nice used 9 and 10 year old iMacs for less than $350 on Craigs List, Ebay, LetGo, OfferUP.  They are great, no Windows fiascos.  I add simple USB heat extracting fan boxes and cardboard hoods on back, less than $20 on Ebay, drops temps by 30*F at least.

https://orangecounty.craigslist.org/sys/d/irvine-a...  Is almost as good as my newest, largest one.

I do have a bunch of Windows systems, always fooling with making them better or just getting them running.

I have used computers since 1962, studied programming, taught CADD in college, electronics manufacturing engineer, building and repairing PC boxes for 35 years.