Could my learning disability make me unable to play video games?

I’ve noticed in most games I play, like the Mario games and Sonic games I don’t get very far into the games before I get stuck and can’t get any further in the game.

Okay, my issue is I have trouble thinking straight and I’m slow to react to things.

• 3 days ago

While a learning disability can make certain games harder for you to pick up on, I am sure that there are games that will not be as much trouble for you. Of course, if it means enough to you, you might try practicing a lot. But if not, find something else that works for you. Just don't say never! :D

• Will

In what way do you get stuck and in what way is your learning disability? If your learning disability was dyslexia, it would not impact your ability to play video games in any way. If your learning disability was memory related, the only way it would impact your ability to play games is you forgetting what you were supposed to be doing or where to go. 

I mean, to answer your question, it could, but you provided absolutely no information to better answer your question. Having played both of those franchises, I would honestly guess that no, your disability has nothing to do with why you get stuck. That perhaps you just don't really know what to do and have a hard time figuring out what to do, such as not being as good at problem solving, observing, or combo'ing buttons to achieve something. If you got stuck in let's say Super Mario 64, the only logical explanation is that you really are just bad at the game. 

It’s possible but with practice I bet you could learn patterns and figure out how to get past it. I remember when I was younger I used to have to look stuff up to get through some games but as I got older that problem doesn’t seem to happen anymore, just because I’ve played a lot of games now and can kinda of just try until I figure it out. I remember Mario Galaxy, I only had to look up one thing, because it was really hard to get these 8 collectibles within a certain time frame. But I remember being really proud of myself that I only had to look up one thing instead of multiple.  Same with Phoenix Wright, a game where you have a to solve a mystery with clues you’re given, I’m always really proud if I can get through a large section without needing online help. I bet if you keep playing games and maybe occasionally watch a video on how to do stuff you’ll learn tricks and get the skills needed to finish those games. You could always try playing “more childish” games first as practice, like how the newly remastered spongebob battle for bikini bottom is in some ways just an easier version of the 3D Mario collecting stars formula, but it’s also just a fun game to check out.