Jake asked in PetsDogs · 1 month ago

Why does my friends dog do this only to me?

A couple of times a year my family and I look after my friends dog.

He's very obedient and when he's told no by someone, he accepts it. But when I say no to him, he keeps at me until I give in and doesn't accept it for an answer.

If he thinks there could be food hidden in one of the presses, he'd bark but if he's told no he accepts it. When he sees me he keeps pressure on me to open the press to show him if there's something there or not.

If I'm not home, he eats his dinner from his bowl no problem. But when I am home he wants me to hand feed him.

Why is he like this to only me?

• "Why does my friends dog do this only to me?"

💥Q1: What is this "dog's" AGE and BREED?

💥Q2: What is your AGE and GENDER?

💥Q3: What are the AGES and GENDERS of the people in this dog's normal home? (For those who are adults (= probably 26 or older), type "Adult" for their age.)

💥Q4: How many times a month do you get drunk/tiddly?

💥Q5: Is your singing voice closest to a treble, counter-tenor, baritone, or basso?

• "A couple of times a year my family and I look after my friends dog. He's very obedient and when he's told no by someone, he accepts it. But when I say no to him, he keeps at me until I give in and doesn't accept it for an answer. If he thinks there could be food hidden in one of the presses, he'd bark but if he's told no he accepts it. When he sees me he keeps pressure on me to open the press to show him if there's something there or not. If I'm not home, he eats his dinner from his bowl no problem. But when I am home he wants me to hand feed him. Why is he like this to only me?"

Without the information I requested there are so many possibilities that we can only guess.

If you don't know how to add the information to your question, it's simple:

a: click the [Edit] under your question, then

b: click the [Add Update] that will appear, followed by

c: typing the 4 sets of information.

I hope to see it waiting when I come back in 22 to 24 hours' time.

Your are robbing yourself (and answerers) of points. You appear to have asked 25 questions so far. Most questions should have YOU choose the BEST/ Favourite/ Most-Helpful answer inside a week. But you have NOT awarded the Favourite Answer to ANY of the 25 - that's close to 75 points you can get back to boost YOUR score! AWARDING the Favourite Answer encourages more people to attempt to ANSWER your questions - and each time you do, YOU also get back 3 of the 5 points it "cost" you to ask that question.

After supplying the information I requested for this question, go to your very first question. It attracted 19 answers. It was asked 2 months ago, but I think you can still pick which answer to award the Favourite Answer points to - but if you wait much longer that question will be "locked up" so that no-one else can answer it and you can't choose the best of the answers it received.

Les the aged Kiwi - first pup in 1950, GSD trainer & breeder as of Easter 1968

• Maxi

"he keeps at me until I give in " That is the reason as you give in and he knows you give in, so you don't mean what you say

Because you are a weak DOOR MAT that says "WALK ALL OVER ME".  Dogs are not STUPID - they can clearly READ a person as being  easy "mark".

• Jojo

Because you are weak and give in to him and have not got an authoritative attitude.

In other words the dog sees you as a push over.

Because thinks you are beneath him on the scale of importance.  He thinks you are his servant.  Do you have a subservient attitude in general?

cause he dont like you saying no to him

• Kenny

You are still in training .

You're a wuss, and the dog knows it. 

Dogs know a sucker when they see one.