is it worth fixing the a/c compressor in my 2006 Mustang convertible? ?

In our desert, air conditioning is a way of life. Can't sell a car w/o working AC. Not such a bother on CA coast or maybe your location.

Spring?? We just got over weeks  of triple digits and ash from CA. Down to 99 this week.

Cant get a guaranteed used one? One at a junker for the 2006 Chrysler was $76. Worked Fine. 90 day warranty  BUT that requires new filter/dryer unit and flushing. I got a flush kit; I  can purge and refill at home, too. A little more for  O rings and R-134a.

If a compressor goes out (NOT just the clutch), beware that bits of reed valve might be in the system, always flush it out  or your new one will be destroyed very soon.. Replace F/D or accumulator, whatever you have,  for best life. Might also wanna add some oil. If clutch goes out, takes special   tool and often a rebuilt comp.  cheaper than the tool and new clutch.

I mean if you dont want A/C then dont replace it. I drove a car with no A/C for 4 years and I'm  glad I didnt replace the compressor because it became junk overnight when it had some sort of electrical issue.

Apparently the compressors are a weak-point in Fords - - I've had to replace 2 in the past year in my otherwise trouble-free Mustang and Lincoln S.  For your reference:  the dealer wanted $1400 JUST FOR THE PART.  My independent shop did the job for $500 - parts,labor,supplies,tax included......non-working AC would lower the value of the car more than that.

If the AC compressor is making noise you'll either have to get a kit to by-pass the compressor or just replace the compressor. If you don't need AC it's your call.

• Dze

yes always, keeping everything original and working makes any car worth more and alot nicer ...

Maybe not until spring.