Would my parents be better off without me?

I am 40 and still live at home. I convinced my mother to give me total power of attorney over her. My dad hates it and thinks that he is her only POA because he’s her husband. I told him he is WRONG. That mine is legal and notarized. He and I got into it and I informed him that I have total control over my mom’s half of the house and of her car. He doesn’t like it one bit and he even told me to move out. I told him that since I am my mom’s POA that I can stay in the house as long as I want and he has no power over me. My dad hates me and I hate him. My mother doesn’t like me anymore and told me that she can see why nobody likes me. I used to be her favorite. My mother hasn’t liked me since I went to Lowe’s and didn’t wear a mask(it was before masks were mandatory) and the woman in front of me was leaving and I took my arm full of stuff and just went to set it down on the counter. She got mad at me and got in my face and told me that I could’ve waited til she was long gone. I told her, “yeah, well I didn’t”. As I was driving away I passed that woman and rolled down my window and yelled at her that she’s a ***** and that I hope she drops dead of coronavirus. Would my parents be better off if I moved out and stayed out of their lives?  They are elderly and my mom won’t take her diabetes medication if I don’t make her. She just wants to die and I refuse to let that happen on my watch. Am I really the bad son  here?  My mom says I ruin everything. Should I just give up the POA?

My mother just told me that she never wants to see or know me again.  Does that mean I’ve been disowned?

i dont think so

• Kelley

Just change unrighteous behaviours to righteous behaviors.  Keep the righteous behaviors you are doing.  Parents benefit from righteous children.  Do not worry about people not liking you.  Only be concerned about what God thinks about you.  To find out about righteous behaviors and what God thinks, read the Bible.

You mother gave you power of attorney, but unless she is declared incompetent, she can take that power back.  You do sound like you can be nasty, but you also seem intent on looking after your mom.  That is good, because if you were not looking after her interests, your dad could have the power removed from you.  If your mom has changed her mind about you, there is not much that you can do.  Would your dad look after her ?

If yes, then everybody might get along better if you did move.

If no, then you should stay for the sake of your mom's health.

There are different situations and limitations on POA so you might want a lawyer to look at your document.

re: update  Sounds like she is disowning you, but best to assume that is just immediate anger and that she will change her mind.