Stick & poke tattoo touch up?

I did a small stick and poke on my finger (it’s about an inch tall & wide) and a lot of it has peeled off... i did it about 9 days ago & I  was wondering if I’m able to re-poke it today? It’s still kind of peeling 

• Laura

No.  It takes 4 weeks for a tattoo to fully heal, so you need to wait that long before you can get a touch up.  

This is very normal for both finger tattoos and stick and poke tattoos.  Finger tattoos fade quickly even when done by a professional.  Stick and poke tattoos usually fade during the healing process because you aren't a professional and have no idea where to put the ink in your skin.  

You are lucky you don't have an infection.  

Get it redone by a professional when you are old enough to legally get one.  

just make sure its not infected, if its not infected then go for it!

Stick and Poke tattoos are a very bad idea. They will never look good unless you are the extremely rare tattoo artist that can do good tattoos without a proper gun. Plus they can get infected.

My advice is unless you are in prison, go to a real tattoo artist. Of course you probably aren't old enough to do that. I know a family that will pay for their kid's first tattoo on their 18th birthday on the stipulation they do NOT get any stick and poke tattoos beforehand.

I think you’ll be fine to do a touch up, just make sure it’s not infected and everything youre using is sterile. I’ve only have one peel and fade before and it was because I didn’t wrap thread around the needle. Be sure to shave the area too.

• kelvin

save your money and get a real tattoo