Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthWomen's Health · 1 month ago

If you take a Mini Pill (Progesterone Only Pill) will it have less of an effect on libido than the Combination Pill?

I am a virgin and have never taken birth control before but will be married in a lil over a month from now and am hoping to use hormonal birth control method temporarily as extra protection in first month or so of marriage while we get used to sex and correctly using the non hormonal barrier method options correctly and effectively (thinking of him wearing condoms and me using diaphragm or Femcap) and then when we feel reasonably confident we would stop the use of the pill.

Trying to find a hormonal birth control for temporary use that will not cause as much of a loss in sex drive and pleasure and from what I have read it is somewhat common for the Combination pill to effect libido adversely. So maybe with temporary use of the Mini pill that doesn't stop ovulation?

• Tavy

I had no loss of sex drive on 

the combination pill.

Being newly married you will be at it like rabbits.

Don't believe all you read.

i would ask your doctor about it