Can Franzia Chillable Red go well with steak and potato?

• kswck2

Red wine generally goes well with steak. But Franzia is almost undrinkable. Buy a better brand.

• If you're going to drink box wine then at least get something decent like the Black Box brand. Even for box wine, Franzia is at the bottom of the bottom shelf. Almaden is decent too but in my opinion not quite as good as Black Box but way better than Franzia. Yes, they cost more than Franzia but you get what you pay for.

Now to answer the question, red wine generally goes well with steak and especially so if it's a hearty red wine like cabernet sauvignon, merlot, or pinot noir. The style of Franzia that you're inquiring about is not a hearty red wine. Hearty red wines go great with beef because the flavors contrast well and they cut through the richness of beef making for a really good flavor. The order is, eat some steak and follow it with a sip of wine. Hearty red wines also go good with a cheeseburger. I know, because I do it all the time.

• I can’t imagine anyone who would drink that wine would be concerned about the quality of the pairing. If you like the wine drink it with the steak. It will be very contrasting.

• God

I would go for a Pinot Noir or a Merlot.