Tecumseh snowblower engine issues?

I have a tecumseh HMSK80 on a snowblower. So my main issue when I got this was that it would hardly run. When it did, it would surge a lot and run really really rich. After cleaning the carburetor it had the same issues. Even after adjusting the jets it was the same. I checked the save clearances and found the exhaust valve was tight and wasn't sealing all the way. I took both valves out, ground them to spec and re-lapped the seats. Still the same issue, only it runs a little better and no blackish rich exhaust. I put a new spark plug, and carburator on it and it runs better but it has a very finicky idle and will almost load up on fuel after idling for a minute or two and want to stall. Turning the idle screw even 1/16 of a turn will cause it to shoot the idle speed up really high from almost stalling speed. Cant find any intake or vac leaks either. I have made adjustments on the carburetor screws and I just cant get it to work right. 

Spark is good, new fuel, new carburator, new intakes seals, new spark plug. And I went back and made sure no lapping compound is on the valve seats either. I also set the speed governor to how it should be and it didn't make a difference. 

Any ideas?

maybe you should have a mechanic check it out

There is still a carburetor issue. Some small passage is clogged.