laura
laura asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 month ago

Is it normal to miss anorexia and the mindset ?

I hate looking recovered or basically fat and hate that I enjoy eating again where before I’d do literally anything to avoid it. Why on earth do I miss something if it’s an illness? 😔

Oh yeah, i feel you. I myself am recovered from depression and from my suicidal past but, i still feel like there's a string pulling me back to it. The reason being, it was a mindset that i grew up with, something I've spent years of my life cultivating. It's still a bit odd to be like, ok you'll live my life, have a job, etc.

It's hard to change and not feel strange towards your new self. It's like my depression, in your case anorexia, is an addiction - and it's as if part of me actually craves it. For it's hard to change and hard to remain changed, but it's easier to just do nothing and let things be the same.