Naomi asked in PetsFish · 1 month ago

MY BETTA FISH HAS WHITE FUZZ ON ONE SIDE OF HIS FACE ?? PLEASE ANSWER IF YOU HAVE ANY ADVICE. MUST TREAT ASAP... ?

I woke up this morning and my Betta fish has white fuzz on one side of his face . Literally.. it looks as if mold was growing ... although I dont think it's that... I clean his take very often and his ph and ammonia levels are fine ... he recently had Swim bladder disorder but is cured from that . He was looking fine , and now I woke up this morning and he literally has a white fuzz on one side of his head .. and it's making his eye look blue... anybody have any idea what's wrong and how I can fix it immediately ?! 

• kswck2

Might be a fungus., but a photo will give us a better chance of identifying it. 

sounds like cotton wool disease, a fungus.

i googled this-Treatment for cotton wool disease in freshwater fish includes salt baths using Freshwater Aquarium Salt or commercially available antifungal treatments for aquarium use. In some instances, the entire tank is treated, but if individual infections are present, treating the fish in a separate hospital tank is preferable.