Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetInternetGoogle · 1 month ago

Young Whipper Snappers: can you all explain to an old lady what "Google Lens" is for and if u personally use it?

Thanks in advance. I cant keep up with all these tech thingies as fast as you kids can

It examines your photo or camera view and uses Google's artificial intelligence to figure out what you're looking at and give you search results or relevant actions:

"If you take a photo of a: 

Business card: Save the phone number or address to a contact.

Book: Get a summary and read reviews.

Event flyer or billboard: Add the event to your calendar.

Landmark or building: See historical facts, hours of operation, and more.

Painting in a museum: Read about the artist and learn more.

Plant or animal: Learn about species and breeds."https://support.google.com/photos/answer/7539151

...I hadn't used it before but it recognized my laptop and lava lamp. This could be fun.

Google Lens is an image recognition technology developed by Google, that uses photographs on your mobile phone to bring up relevant information related to objects it identifies using visual analysis based on a neural network.

No, I don't use it as I don't have a mobile phone.  (That's from a 62-year-old Whipper Snapper. lol.)