Do people believe that age of consent is 18 in CA when the Law says a person can give consent for sex from the day they are born with a GED?

Having a GED does not affect ability to consent.  You can GET a GED at 17 (under only two circumstances), but they won't even give you the certificate until after you turn 18.  So you make no sense.  

• Bruce

Yes, I believe the age of consent is 18. No, I don't believe it has anything to do with a GED. 

the reason for why the consent law exists is because people believe that that person is not capable of making those decisions at that age although if they have a general education diploma and are deemed suitable enough to be independent because a person can file for Independence then there you go apparently a person supposed to be at least the age of 16 to do so but if they have a general education diploma they could do that at any age because them having to be 16 is no longer important. I mean keep in mind a lot of minors go to college with general education diplomas and it is taught that they can date people above the age of 18 and people above the age of 18 can date them because they are deemed smart enough to do so. I know this from experience. It has been taught to my person. and an individual even after acquiring a general education diploma can still continue to go to school if they would like to do so and get both the general education diploma and the regular diploma. Now you know I have both. keep in mind that general education diploma means that they are generally educated to make their own decisions. So technically it does exist. If you're fully capable of proving to the government that you fully understand the decisions you are making in life then yes you can I mean why could you drop out of school and do all of these other things if not. It is known as emancipation. perhaps stand before a judge and question emancipation if you need to find the answer since it must be extremely hard to find online.

Really? That's interesting, can you point me to the law? Because really, I don't believe it.

The CA legislature and Governor have confused this issue to the nth degree with the recent passage of SB 145 (which really just puts "gay" sex acts in the same arena as heterosexual child sexual abuse). But given that some US states set the age of consent lower than 18 I'm not sure why this state doesn't just do that instead of slowly chipping away at its stated age of consent laws. It's not like they don't have the Governorship and a super majority in Sacramento.